Is online learning better than the classrooms? This question has been one of the most discussed topics among experts. Many teachers doubt that a student can learn as much from a screen as a live teacher in a classroom. They say that due to the online educational courses, it has become easier to inflate grades without ensuring if learning is actually taking place. Some also believe that this form of education affects communication skills of the students.
However, there are teachers out there who make use of an online lecture recorder and provide quality education courses online. Teachers who promote online learning are creating a great difference in the life of those students who can’t afford higher education.
The fact is- we will need to solve this debate and come to a conclusion, because ready or not, online learning platforms are taking place of the classrooms. In the current scenario, the students are enrolling for both online and classroom courses. When asked to compare both venues, most of them prefer online courses.
Here are 5 reasons why online learning beats classrooms.
- Students are Screenagers today: Today, students are digital natives. A computer screen is their natural habitat. They find their comfort in front of a screen rather than confronting someone face-to-face. That comfort creates a better learning environment for them.
- Students decide the pace of learning: The biggest reason why students give preference to online learning is the flexibility of the learning pace. Here students can decide how fast or slow they want to go with a particular course without being pressurized by the teachers. They can work on the same lecture for several days if they don’t understand it well. These properties have made‘learning’ a fun task just like a social media surfing.
- Great learning method for shy students: According to one survey, it has found that a shy or introvert student is more comfortable during a digital discussion rather than speaking in front of the whole class where he or she gets intimidated.
- Less Expensive than traditional educational institutes: Online learning is much less expensive than regular classroom spaces. All that a teacher needs are a website and the best lecture recorder to start his own online institution. Hence, students get quality education,knowledge, and skills without spending a ton of cash.
- No seat limitations: Limited seats are the biggest problem that students and colleges face. Students either don’t get the desired college or they compromise on the subject that interest them. Online learning is emerging as a flexible pathway for all those students who don’t want to leave their favourite subjects.
Also, the current model of education system doesn’t benefit working class people at all. Long distance courses don’t deliver quality notes or lectures. What is the solution?
Online learning platforms can help working class people with their further education. In addition, it provides flexible timings, which is a kind of set-up working class students crave for.
Finally, time will tell whether the online learning platforms prove to be better than classrooms or not. But this technology is not going anywhere. For sure!!